are a resident of the State of California. It is intended to provide certain information to you as required by the
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), as amended.
This notice applies to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of
being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household such as your
real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier Internet Protocol (IP) address, email
address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers
(defined in the CCPA as “Personal Information”).
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information we obtain from government records,
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information,
Information We Collect
We have collected the following categories of Personal Information from consumers within the last
twelve (12) months:
||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol
address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport
number, or other similar identifiers.
|Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code §
||A name, signature, address, telephone number, passport number, credit card number, debit card number,
or any other financial information. Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap
with other categories.
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed,
marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender
identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other
purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to
extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints,
and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health,
or exercise data.
|Internet or other similar network activity
||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website,
application, or advertisement.
||State and country location.
||Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.
|Professional or employment-related information
||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party
acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student
identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
|Inferences drawn from the above
||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions,
behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Categories of Sources
We obtain Personal Information provided voluntarily by you or a family member when you purchase our
products or submit other similar forms directly to us or our affiliates by mail, email, by telephone, or via our
websites and mobile applications. We also gather it from written or verbal inquiries submitted by you, surveys,
transactions, and from online interactions with you.
We also collect information from third parties and publicly available sources, which include data
service providers, social media services, advertising and market research firms, joint marketing partners, employers
and group plan sponsors, and consumer reporting agencies.
Business Purposes for Collection of Personal Information
Collecting and using Personal Information is necessary to our business as a consumer products
company in order to develop, enhance, and administer our products and services, respond to your requests, inquiries
and concerns, inform and educate you about our company and events, and for advertising and marketing purposes. It also
helps us to confirm your identity for certain transactions you request or that are initiated on your behalf, improve
our website and mobile application user experience, authenticate users, prevent and detect fraud and potential
security issues, and fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations such as tax reporting.
Disclosures of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may have been disclosed to:
- You, your authorized representatives, legal agents, and other persons acting on your behalf or to whom you ask,
instruct or authorize us to disclose your Personal Information,
- Our contracted service providers who provide a service to or on behalf of quip, including analytics service
providers, payment providers and website partners,
- Our auditors, consultants, accountants, attorneys and others providing professional advice to quip,
- Other quip affiliates,
- Business partners of quip,
- Applicable governmental, regulatory, supervisory, law enforcement, tax or similar authorities or industry bodies,
- Any other person or entity quip reasonably thinks customary, necessary or advisable for the business purposes
- Any other party where quip has obtained your consent or authorization.
Business Purposes for Disclosure of Personal Information
- To advertise and market to you, and to consumers who are similar to you,
- To perform services on our behalf, including providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders, account
maintenance, processing payments, and quality control,
- For risk management purposes, identity verification, information security, fraud detection and prevention,
- Undertaking internal research, operational efficiencies and improvements, product enhancements, and business
- In connection with legal proceedings, such as responding to a subpoena or court order,
- To demonstrate compliance with our regulatory obligations,
- To report tax information to relevant tax authorities,
- In the event of any planned or actual company reorganization, merger, sale, or transfer, of our business.
Your CCPA Rights
Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection of
your Personal Information. Such information shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request.
Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with the following:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you,
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your Personal Information,
- Our business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting or sharing your Personal Information,
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information, and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
Please note that even if your request is validated, we will not at any time disclose sensitive
information such as a consumer’s financial account number, health insurance or medical identification number, account
password, or answers to security questions.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our disclosures of
your Personal Information to third parties. Such information shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of
your request. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with the following:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected from you,
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale
We don’t monetize your personal information, however, we sometimes share information with
unaffiliated third parties we collaborate with or that provide offers that we think may be of value to you, or with
data cooperatives. This sharing of information may be considered a “sale” under California law. If you would like to
opt out of our sharing with those unaffiliated third parties for purposes that could be considered “sales” or
otherwise for those parties’ own commercial purposes, please click here.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete certain Personal Information we collected from you.
However, in many cases we cannot delete all or some of it due to our regulatory obligations to retain certain
information, or as required or permitted by other applicable laws, such as for fraud prevention and similar purposes.
Right to Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA, such as denying you products and
services, charging you different rates or prices including use of discounts or penalties, or suggesting or providing a
different level of service or quality of products to you.
How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights
To submit a request to exercise any of your rights provided in this notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and
use “CCPA REQUEST” in the subject line.
We must be able to verify your identity before we take action on your request. Please provide
sufficient information to assist us, including a name and shipping address and transaction date. Let us know if there
is anything specific that you are requesting.
You may also use an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. If you wish to use an
authorized agent, we require that your authorized agent provides written proof to us that he or she is authorized to
act on your behalf, and we may also require your authorized agent to verify his or her own identity. To appoint an
authorized agent, please contact us at email@example.com.
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 1, 2020
LAST UPDATED: March 7, 2023